Worshipful Society of Apothecaries

Introduction
Visitor Information
Events & Exhibitions
Family History
How To Find Us
Contact Us

Worshipful Society of Apothecaries


The Society was incorporated as a City Livery Company in 1617. Its Hall (dating from 1668-72), archives and artefacts also record and reflect its activities as a major centre for manufacturing and retailing drugs (1671-1922), founder of Chelsea Physic Garden in 1673 and medical examining and licensing body from 1815.